11 August 2007

What the..???

I think I mentioned before how when I do venture out to buy clothes, that I am loving the Walmarts, Targets, Ross' and TJMaxx's of the world. Gone are the days of buying $40 jeans and $30 shirts (that I had to buy online) now I can go in and pick up a pair of $10 jeans and a $5 shirt and be more than content. Last week, I went to Walmart to pick up some bras, well, while I was there I also picked up three pairs of jeans. Now, I buy men's jeans because (1) they are cut better for my frame and (2) I am tall and the lengths just work better for me. I bought two pairs of 48 waist pants and a pair of 46 thinking that I could wear the 48's for a few weeks and have the 46's handy for when those 48's get too big. I got home and for shits and giggles, I tried on the 46's and I could get them on, but I could not zipper them up. This was exactly one week ago. Today, again for shits and giggles, I try the 46's on and they freakin' fit! How cool is that?!?

So immediately, I pull out a pair of jeans that Kim gave me months ago. They are a size 24 pair of jean capris. When I first tried them on, I couldn't get them past my hips, but at least once a month, I would pull them out and try them on. Last time I tried, I could pull them all the way up, but was no where near buttoning or zipping them up, well today, today I writing this blog in those jeans and they are fully buttoned and zipped! A little snug in the thighs, but damnit they fit!!! Woo-hoo!!! If I am lucky and they loosen up a bit, I will be wearing them to my support group meeting next week, if not, I will take a picture.

I am so happy I am still losing weight even though the scale is being cruel and not moving too much. I think I need to start thinking about not weighing every single day. That'll be hard to do. I stopped weighing on two different scales and only weigh on one so that's a big step, but giving up my daily weigh-in might be too difficult especially since I think I need the motivation. This morning I weighed in at 309.0 lbs, still 2 lbs over my lowest of 307.0 exactly two weeks ago. I haven't been as compliant as I should be, especially with water and making sure I get a lot of protein in. I've been getting around 160 grams, but not the 200-220 that I was before, plus, I had a Breyer's Low Carb ice cream bar.... okay two bars in the last two days, man they're good because good grief, it's hot as hell here. Luckily, they didn't cause the natural disaster that I thought, just a good bit of gas, but no explosive diarrhea. Starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track big time so that I can close out the month and my year really strong. God only knows where I will end the month at, but as long as it's less than where I started off, I'm happy.

This weekend will be kinda boring, I have to get a lot of work done for my business since I will be in Savannah next weekend where I will be doing zero work, however I gotta run out and go grocery shopping and try to figure out some new stuff to eat.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home