24 August 2007

Forward motion...

Weight: 319.2 lbs. Sigh.

I am REALLY constipated. I am still trying to figure out my iron strategy. I've tried ferrous sulfate, but from my research, it's basically the worse kind of iron, it's the least effective and the most likely to cause stomach irritation and constipation. I was taking 325mg twice a day. I tried Ferrochel for awhile and that seemed to work okay, but I was just unsure of the dosage. I was taking the 18mg pill, twice a day. I am currently on something called Ferro-Sequels which is a much better iron, ferrous fumerate, 50mg twice a day. Seems to be alright, however it gives me constipation which is the culprit of my issues right now. I've ordered Cypress Iron (Polysaccharide Iron) which is supposed to be one of the best iron supplements out there, it's supposed to be easy on the system and allegedly has low incidents of constipation. I am hoping this supplement will be the one to keep my iron up and not clog me up.

I have about a week before my one year anniversary. I've been studying my weight loss records and lab results from the past year, specifically looking at my most recent results. What's interesting about them is that they show my levels after a few weeks of eating like a mad woman -- high calories, fat and protein. There were no abnormal results besides my HDL being low and my RDW being a tad high (always has been). What was interesting to me was that my Serum Albumin only went up from 3.9 to 4.1. Serum protein stayed exactly the same at 7.4. I think the only thing that I may need to do is make sure I get at least a gallon of water. I really, REALLY don't want to end the month up, so I am going to eat like I had been doing before to see if that will at least get me back to where I started the month at. I'd rather have 0.0 lbs loss for the month instead of gaining 10+ lbs. I'm going to do a cleansing tonight to get rid of all the poop and then we'll see what the rest of the month brings.

I have about a week and a half before my big 10K. I'm pretty excited about it and I think I am ready for it. I am nervous though, but I should be okay. I probably won't do any walking 3-4 days before the race just so that I can be in the best shape possible. I want to be recovered from any lingering fatigue. I believe there are 3 or 4 of us from my support group that will be in the race so I also need to figure out how to synch with them. I have to figure out how to get a picture taken at the finish line. :)

My weekend is up in the air. I may be spending it helping my friend (see previous post) make a quick exit from her current situation and help get her settled somewhere. I am hoping and praying she gives my friend the go ahead to let us help her. I guess I will find out at some point today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home