20 August 2007

Ouch, my ass!!!

Boy am I exhausted. I drove from Savannah back to Atlanta early this morning and so have been up since 4 AM. Yawn! I had such a blast and can NOT wait to get back. I'm still trying to make sense of my lab results. Nothing stands out as bad, but there are some definite changes like I mentioned earlier. My BUN/Creatinine Ratio has gone from 14 in May to 21. My AST has gone from 22 to 33 and my ALT, 18 to 35. TSH from 1.614 to 2.229. Serum Albumin from 3.9 to 4.1. Again, nothing serious, I don't think, but some of the trends, I don't think I like.

After talking about it with someone this weekend who hasn't heard me drone on and on about my issues, she suggested I cut my protein down to 120 max and try to eat a more balanced diet -- incorporate fruits, vegetables, some whole grains. I think that makes the most sense. After eating 220+ grams of protein, my albumin only increased 0.2, plus it seems like my kidneys and liver are getting a workout without any added benefit. I'd rather be safe than sorry so my goal is to eat a more balanced yet still low carb diet -- 100-120g of protein, sub 50g of carbs and something like 100g of fat PLUS a gallon of water a day. I am going to pass my lab results to Dr. M and just confirm my plan with him.

I haven't weighed in 3 days, but my edema has gotten worse, especially after sitting in the car for 5+ hours -- twice -- during that time. We'll see what the morning shows and whether or not this month can be salvaged.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home