25 August 2007

Hydrochlorothiazide and other ramblings

That would be a diuretic. Dr. (not the good one) Smith prescribed it for me. I went out this afternoon and filled the prescription today as well as getting a refill for my Protonix and Lisinopril. I will take it for awhile to see what the deal is. It's definitely one of those things that I don't need to take if I don't need it. I also got a month's worth of my chewable multivitamin and some Zinc. As soon as my order from Vitalady gets in, I'll be good to go with my amped up Vitamin A & D and my new iron supps.

I bought myself a gallon jug several days ago and I make sure I fill it up every night and drink the whole thing every day. It's actually not as much water as I thought or rather it's not as hard to get it all in as I once thought. I have a 24 oz plastic tumbler and I fill that thing like 5 times throughout the day and I'm good. Piece of cake.

For whatever reason early this morning, I was up promptly at 3:30 AM with unexplained and unexpected killer gas. Good grief. Every 5 minutes or so I was up headed to the bathroom. I never, EVER trust a fart so most of it was precautionary measures, some of it productive. I'm not sure if it was a backlog or what, but by 2:00 PM I was dragging and had to take a nap... I had to force myself up around 4:30 so that I could get something to eat otherwise I would have been out for awhile. I'm still a little foggy headed and I'm hoping to stay awake til like 11:00 PM. I hate putting my sleep patterns out of whack.

Good news. Chicken is kind to me again. Yes! Persistence pays off! I made a tray of drumsticks the other day and froze most of them in two-packs for easy retrieval. Tomorrow I am either going to do another pot of chili or a pot roast. I haven't decided yet.

More good news. I am comfortably in an XL t-shirt AND I've dropped 1/2 a shoe size. Boggles the mind. I am hoping with the diuretic that the bloating will depart and I'll be a tad smaller. We'll see.

When I left the house this morning, the day seemed so beautiful and clear and bright, it was envigorating. After a long drought with poor air quality, the recent rain storms seem to have washed the whole area in a certain freshness (as well as drop the temperature like 10 degrees), it's almost spring-like. I lingered in the sun to get some natural Vitamin D. It was so nice to feel the warmth on my face and breathe some genuinely fresh air.

Gonna do a couple loads of laundry tonight I think (and see if a football game is on). Maybe I'll continue to tackle the 600+ pictures I have to get through.

Talked to my sister yesterday, our niece who is due in December is having a girl. Woo-hoo! I think in the past 10 years or so, the boy to girl ratio has been around 6:1. It's about time we had another little miss in the bunch.

Oh yeah, I weighed in at 318.6 lbs this morning. Down 0.8 lbs.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, just be careful about the Hydrochlorothiazide because it's a diuretic, all right, but they use it as a med to lower blood pressure (which is why I was on it).

So if your BP is okay right now and you start feeling dizzy, you'll know it's the H thing.

August 25, 2007 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

Thanks for letting me know. I asked the doc if this stuff would interfere with anything I am taking he said not so much, but as you can tell, I'm not too keen on this guy.

I will definitely be mindful of that and will be doing some research on my own.

Thanks again!

August 25, 2007 at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home