31 December 2007

Overcome The Fear - 2008

Goals and behaviors to help push past that which has kept me from living the life I want to live and being the person I want to be. Click here to review 2007.

Specific Goals

  1. Start 2008 with at least 30 consecutive days of good, high quality nutrition, hydration and supplementation. To remind myself that my DS still works and works well when I stick to the plan and lead a completely healthy lifestyle.
  2. Complete (and run) four 5K races this year.
  3. Complete the Peachtree Road 10K Race on July 4th.
  4. Complete the US 10K Classic Race on Labor Day.
  5. Go to an amusement park and ride a roller coaster or two. By summer, I should fit, no problem.
  6. Retire the glasses for good and get contact lenses.
  7. Reach the milestone of having lost 300 lbs.
  8. Reach goal weight of 199 lbs.
  9. Go to alma mater and thank my college mentor.
  10. Read 20 non-work related books. On the list so far:

    1. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
    2. The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty
    3. No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
    4. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
    5. Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meanings of Life by Daniel C. Dennett
    6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
    7. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
    8. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
    9. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    10. A Soldier of the Great War by Mark Helprin
    11. Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama
    12. The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama
    13. The Now Habit by Neil Fiore
    14. Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns

  11. Pay off credit card debt. ($1800)
  12. Go to the dentist.
  13. Get yearly checkup with the gynecologist.

Nutrition/Supplementation/Exercise

  1. Get off the blood pressure medication.
  2. Get better about maintaining nutritional goals when outside of my comfort zone.
  3. Perform at least 30 mins of vigorous exercise at least 5 times a week.
  4. Learn to play tennis and join a team.
  5. Halve my consumption of artificial sweeteners.
  6. Eat more vegetables

Personal Relationships

  1. Spend time with my niece and nephew at least once every month.
  2. Meet with two of my friends (E & N) for lunch every month.
  3. Take 2-3 trips home to see about Mom & Dad.
  4. Take a summer trip with my sisters.
  5. Learn to have more patience with my business partner.

Professional Relationships

  1. Join the Technology Association of Georgia.
  2. Join and participate in my local Alumni Association.

Recreation

  1. Obama in '08 - Volunteer a day a week at the Atlanta Office. Meet new people, participate.
  2. Find a church and attend regularly.
  3. Join the local photography club.
  4. Find cute boys to date … and date them.

Miscellaneous

  1. By February 1st, reduce by 90% my use of plasticware, paper plates, paper napkins and bottled water. Reduce waste.
  2. The Great Purge - dispose of or donate most of the remnants of the old me. Basically get rid of the clothes and crap that don't define who I am now or the person I want to be.
  3. Try makeup.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Lots of awesome goals!! I can see how you run a successful business. :)

On your goals...

* I am trying the makeup thing too. I've NEVER been big into it. I am just starting to "wade" into that area. Right now, I'm really into lip gloss, but hey I figure it is a start.
* I'm plunging into the dating world as well. I have a date this Saturday. I'm sure we'll have some fun stories to swap!
* Your book list looks awesome. I read the Glass Castle while I had was recovering from my surgery in Mexico....it was awesome. I have Love in the Time of Cholera to read. If you want to read Dr. Ben Carson's book on risk, after I'm done I'll be happy to send it to you.

:)
Tiffany

December 31, 2007 at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home