25 March 2007

Whoa.....

So I was going through my closet earlier looking for some spring/summer type clothes to wear since it's been so hot all of sudden here in Atlanta and I came across this white, collared dressy type shirt. I bought the thing a couple years ago online. When I ordered it I bought it at a size that I thought would make it kinda long and roomy, but when I got it it was tight and uncomfortable. I immediately banished it to the abyss of clothes I've bought but never wear. Anyway, a few months ago, I can't remember when I came across it and tried it on. It was very tight in the arms and it wasn't even close for me to button it, so again, banishment. Today, I come across it again and decide to try it on. It flippin' fit and I had a reaction I was not expecting. It stopped me cold in my tracks. I literally stood there for 2-3 minutes is absolute astonishment. I still can't believe the shirt fit. This is such an impossible thing to articulate well, but the best word to describe how I felt was dumbfounded. I literally had to convince myself this was the same shirt. I haven't really had *that* type of reaction to my own body and it just freaked me out. Part of me still can not believe it's the same shirt. WTF? I just had a feeling of not being who I thought I was.

Y'know what though, how ironic is it that this happened today when I was feeling frustrated with my weight loss. God is funny that way, I guess.

I must be trippin' but it was completely and utterly unexpected. I gotta tell you though, it does feel good. :) More motivation to keep trying my best to do this right.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

I love wow moments like these...makes it more real than the actual numbers on the scale.

BTW - there's a question on OH for you about the labrat data...Jeanie wants to enter for past 24 months...

March 27, 2007 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up. I probably would have missed it completely. I updated it so that anyone can now enter up to four years worth of info.

March 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Not a problem. I really like what you've done with the labrat data btw. I refer to it every now and then when I need to assess how I'm doing ie when things slow down and I feel crappy :)

March 27, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home