09 January 2008

200+

I don't know what it is, but my stomach is doing cartwheels, something is giving me crazy gas, gas like I just drank a cup of milk or ate some sugar free candy, but I haven't. I hope it isn't the protein powder I bought. That would NOT be good. It tastes wonderful, but I don't know if I want the crazy gas that comes along with it. Oh well, I ordered my IDS Cinnamon Vanilla and it's coming UPS 2nd Day Air so it should be here Friday. My plan for now is to get my protein up there over 200 grams, I think I have been wallowing in the 120-140's for too long. I have a tendency to let my protein drop to those levels because they are comfortable levels to maintain. I can easily get in 120 grams with no protein drinks, but I think maybe what I am going through now is possibly water retention because of low protein. Grrrr. I should know better by now. It's just that in the past, I was trying to get over 200 grams mostly through food and well that's a lot of work and can quickly lead to food aversion which I had this summer. If I can just remember to bookend my days with protein drinks and have one post workout, I should be good, it's just a matter of keeping that routine going. Sometimes I can be stubborn with myself, although it might be more accurate to say sometimes I'm not entirely convinced and need more proof.

Still no coffee although I did have an urge so I threw it out. I'm not known to waste much of anything, but unless I got rid of it the moment that I did, I'd have drank 2 or 3 cups by now. Mind you, it was decaf coffee so it was not like I was getting an energy boost out of it or anything, it was just warm and felt wonderful going down and helped a little in heating up my core body temperature...or at least that's what it felt like. I've never had a heated protein drink so I may actually try that, for some reason I am under the potentially false impression that somehow the protein is destroyed if it's heated and I couldn't even tell you exactly where I got that idea. Hell if I know, I'd better look it up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

I think you can heat protein drinks up to 120 degrees, and they will be ok.

I am proud of you for sticking with the running. It is not easy, but the rewards are going to be out of this world. :)

Tiffany

January 9, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home