07 January 2008

Running!

Okay, I just got back from my training and it went well! I was really worried about not actually being able to follow it because it calls for 60 secs of running followed by 90 seconds of rest. This is repeated for a total of 6 times and I wasn't sure I would be able to sustain it, but I did! Woo-hoo! I tell ya, I'm a little shocked. I thought for sure I'd be walking most of it, on that note, oh my gosh, I'm exhausted! The whole training series was less than a mile and half in distance -- and only 20 minutes -- and as luck would have it, it ended at the furthest section of the park so I had to take my time getting back to my car. Even now, a few hours later, I am just absolutely pooped and really want to take a nap although I don't know if it's because of the run or because I had a few hours of mediocre sleep, probably a combination of both.

Tomorrow will tell the tale as to whether or not I'll be doing much exercise on the days after I run. My legs are already achy so I'm a tad worried about being stiff tomorrow. Also, I've discovered running does something else for me... let's just say that I won't be needing any stool softeners... every 1/2 hour it seems like since I've been home!

My first 5K of the year will be the Atlanta Women's 5K on March 22nd. That's roughly 11 weeks away, my training program in 9 weeks away which gives me plenty of time to work my way through it even if I have to redo a week along the way or something. After that it's 15 more weeks to the Peachtree Road Race 10K on the 4th of July. I hope to have at least another one or two 5K's under my belt by then.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

What kind of running shoes are you wearing? I have a pair of New Balance shoes I am wearing now. I know I will need a new pair soon. There are so many shoes it is overwhelming.

Thanks,
Tiffany

January 7, 2008 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

Thank you! I too am wearing New Balance shoes, they are more trail shoes than pure running shoes. I am hoping to get to a running shoe store to get fitted. From what I have been reading because I (1) am large framed (2) have flat feet and (3) potentially overpronate -- not sure aobut this one -- I probably need motion control shoes. I have been looking at some by NB, Adidas and Asics, but have no real idea just yet. The NB's work fine for now, but I am thinking that in a couple of weeks I'll get some new ones.

- Tia

January 7, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home