06 January 2008

Poop and run

TMI-time. Lately I've been paranoid that I'm not getting enough Calcium. I think it's because I am really afraid of breaking a bone or otherwise injuring myself while I'm doing all this exercise. The last thing I need is to be out of commission so I've been taking up to 1000mg more a day above my 2000mg minimum. The problem is that I also take my iron twice a day, both constipation-making machines. Obviously one thing I'm not going to do is stop taking the extra Calcium or iron, but I'm trying to figure out what my other options are because I DO NOT want to ride the 'rhoid train. I can either start taking a stool softener or I can start taking a fiber supplement. I think for now, I'll go with a nightly stool softener, I think, and we'll see how it goes. My weight this morning was 271.0 lbs. Hopefully things will get moving again. I hate feeling constipated, it's hard to feel healthy.

I've been letting my protein slip a little bit which is not good. It's been in the 120-140g per day range instead of upwards of 200g. I think one of my big mistakes has been drinking water with my supplements instead of a protein shake so that's gonna change. I don't really like them during the day, it's either first "meal" of the day or the very last and so if I don't end of drinking one first thing in the morning, then I sometimes don't get around to it.

Tomorrow I officially start my Couch to 5K training, I'm pretty excited. I'm opting to run at lunchtime instead of early morning as I don't really want to be getting up at 5 AM. I downloaded these Couch to 5K Podcasts to my iPod so that I will know when to run/walk. Not my favorite kind of music, but it'll do until I can figure out how to do my own. Ok, so the whole exercise plan is as follows (at least for the first few weeks):

Monday: Couch to 5K training
Tuesday: OPEN
Wednesday: Couch to 5K training
Thursday: Tennis Lessons
Friday: Couch to 5K training
Saturday: OPEN
Sunday: OPEN

"OPEN" days are days where I could go to the Y or just go for a walk or maybe go play tennis or something. These allow me some variety so that I won't get bored.

Today, I'm going to continue with The Great Purge and try to wrap up a few loose ends with work stuff. We have a new employee starting tomorrow which I am very excited about. We are basically hiring her in order to get rid of one of the slackers. The next couple of months should be interesting on that front.

Yeah, well, time for food. I'm starving!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home