07 January 2008

On the brink...

I will be posting to the OH Exercise board everyday to log my exercise and hopefully participate in that community a little more. I could barely sleep last night, I've been so excited about running, the idea is intoxicating. Me, a runner? Who would have ever thunk it?

This morning I weighed in at 270.2 lbs, on the brink of being out of the 270s. Man, it seems like I have been in the 270's for two months! I try not to think that I should be around 255 lbs and instead focus on actually getting there. I have given up on setting goal weights by specific dates, it just does not work for me, I have to be all about one day at a time and just focusing on what I can control which is what I eat and drink and how much I exercise. Doing anything else just leads to insanity.

Yet another thing I want to work on is how fast I eat, sometimes I have a tendency to want to scarf things down which causes a tight feeling in my throat, often food feels stuck. You'd think I'd be past these issues at 16+ months out, but alas, such is not the case. Lately I've wondered if my stomach is stretched to the point where it'll be difficult for me to get to goal. There was a post on OH about a lady who weighed 500+ lbs and after 5 years, the lowest she ever got was down to 280. That scares the crap out of me. Only she knows whether or not she did all the right things, but just the idea causes me a good deal of anxiety. Focusing on the day to day is the best thing I can do right now and here on out!

Anywho, time to get ready to go run! Woo-hoo!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home