09 January 2008

Running Day 2

I got back from my Couch to 5K training and oh my goodness, I ache, but the weather was still pretty good, around 60 ° and sunny, however you can tell things are heading back to normal (cold and crappy). Y'know the soreness wasn't so bad early in the day yesterday, but say after 3 or 4PM, I was feeling it and this morning I was still sore and now, after I ran, oh it's not fun. I had a moment during the last couple of series where I wasn't sure I could be actually running for a quarter mile or whatever it is in a few weeks. I had thoughts that I am still too heavy to run, but then that just maybe to Day 2 talking, y'know. They say the first few weeks are the hardest so I just have to get through it as best I can, but it sho ain't easy. For the record, today was harder than the first, at least I was smart enough to run a route that put me nearer to my car than Monday.

I weighed in this morning at exactly 270.0 lbs. Ugh, so close! BUT progress is being made, that's what I care about! I mentioned the extra soreness I was feeling last night and throughout the evening I definitely felt increased edema in my lower legs and that's where I feel it most now, in my shins.

I ran out of protein powder yesterday and so today I had to order some online, but decided to go to GNC and pick up something to hold me over. Typically in times like this, I usually just pick up a case of Isopure Zero Carb RTD bottles (12) and be on my merry way, but decided to look at mixes because they are more economical. I ended up getting Maximum Protein - Chocolate, the lady at GNC had some mixed up and boy it is tasty! It has 22g of protein per scoop and I think 3g of carbs as well, which is a tad high, but I think it makes it really palatable. It doesn't even taste like a protein drink, I've never had a Yoo-hoo, but the lady said that's what they taste like. Yummy! Only problem is that it doesn't mix all that great and requires a bit of agitation (ice cubes) to mix right, the IDS Vanilla Cinnamon that I ordered and my old stand-by, Nectar Roadside Lemonade mix much easier.

No coffee today, I don't miss it ... yet. I've been eating like mad woman since I've been home from running. I had a protein shake, a few slices of salami and a bowl of chili and could eat more, but I am going to pace myself and get some water in first. Anyway, I have to switch up my schedule this week because I have my first tennis lesson Friday (woo-hoo!) so I am going to move my running day to Saturday AM. I know I said the days when I'm not running or playing tennis were open days to do whatever, yeah well whatever is now nothing. I really do need those days to recover, I can't imagine do much strenuous exercise, at best maybe just a leisurely walk, but that might have to wait for a few weeks... I don't want to do too much and injure myself and burn myself out from accomplishing my goal.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home