11 January 2008

Par-tay!

Weighed in this morning at 268.0 lbs, a loss of 2.0 lbs overnight. Finally broke the 270 barrier, woo-hoo! Buh-bye 270's!!! Happy happy, joy joy! Yesterday, I had a whopping 244 grams of protein, most of it coming from protein shakes which is a good and bad thing. Those shakes definitely give me crazy gas and I have no idea why, it just doesn't make much sense because I have tried plenty of shakes and not a one has ever given me gas like that. Y'know what does give me gas like that? Dairy. Milk, cream, not so much cheese, but liquid dairy products. Dairy also gives me diarrhea and right now I have the opposite problem. Anyway, the mix is whey based, but so are the other two brands that I drink (IDS & Nectar). It kind of sucks because, by far, it's the best tasting protein drink I've ever had, but the gas is a big no-no. I'm certainly not going to waste it, I will just reserve it for days when I know I'm not going to be around people. :) Today ain't one of those days! Luckily, the protein I ordered online should be coming in this afternoon.

Today is a good friend's birthday so we are taking her on the town tonight. Actually, she arranged the whole thing and I going to serve as the Designated Driver since I won't be drinking and will be responsible for making sure no one gets themselves arrested. Good times. I'm actually a little nervous about this because I just need to make sure I have a supply of water & protein snacks with me, the last thing I want is to get dehydrated or get too hungry and feel weak on a night like tonight. I'm also nervous because I am soooo not a club person, but I'm trying to be open minded about it and just have fun. Who knows, maybe I might meet "the one", my very own cute, intelligent, funny and tall drink of water.

Anyway, got a full day ahead of me. We have a big staff meeting with all our intown staff and are conferencing everyone else, that's going to eat about 2 hours of my day. Then we have a management meeting immediately afterwards THEN it's tennis time! Woo-hoo! After tennis, I come home to get some work done, then I will definitely need to take a nap before going out tonight. Busy, busy, busy!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this journal. it's very nice. congrats on braking out of the '270's'. Good Luck tonight cause you know how the girls can be with a little drinkie pooh. HOpefully Mr. right will be there. I don't club anymore either and the only way I'd wnt to go is if there was a definate benefit like that.

Anyway, take care and keep up the losing.

January 11, 2008 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Congrats on leaving the
270's !!! :)

Enjoy your time tonight. You deserve it. I can't wait to hear about how the tennis lesson goes.

:)
Tiffany

January 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home