13 January 2008

Post Par-tay!

Oh boy, what a weekend! Friday night was a trip, for sure and I am about 90% recovered from the last 36 hours. I do feel a little odd because yesterday felt like a Sunday and today feels like a weekday, but thank God it's not. I need today to actually take it easy maybe and truly wind down. Well going out Friday night was interesting to say the least, the party started at my friend's house around 8:00 PM. We cooked up some appetizers and they started drinking Tequila shots. By the time we actually hit the road, it was 10:45 or so and they'd had around 4-5 rounds of shots. Off we go to the bar where another friend is the bartender and had promised the birthday girl a free drink or two. So we met up with two more friends and hung out at the bar, played darts and by this time everyone was pretty giddy so being one of two sober people, it was fun being silly, cracking jokes, playing around and not be drunk because when it was time to hop back in the car to go someplace else, no one had to worry about getting from point A to B safely. Anyway, we left that bar and went to this place in Buckhead around 1:30AM. It was a hole, but they had good music and my friends had a few more rounds of drinks and we eventually got out of there at 3:00 AM when I had a brilliant idea... Waffle House! Yea! For those of you not familiar with Waffle House it is "the" place to chow down and sober up post-partying in metro Atlanta. I hadn't been to a Waffle House in years. Besides waffles, they have your typical diner food. Turns out Waffle House was the right move because we were all starving and the food was outstanding ... yes, I know that sounds crazy, but after what like 7 hours of running around, we were all tired and we could have eaten at McDonalds and thought it was the best stuff ever. Anyway, I had a cheese & ham omelet, sausage patties and a couple bites of toast and hash browns. Everyone else had similar things, only one person got an actual waffle. By 4:30AM we were done and piled back into the car and we went to the birthday girl's house and I dropped everyone home and they crashed there. I didn't get home til 5:15AM and was unconscious by 5:30.

All in all a good time, the next day, yesterday,...not so much. Here's the thing. While everyone else was drinking tequila and beer and other stuff, I was drinking Diet Coke and water. The problem with drinking Diet Coke at two in the morning is that by 5:30 AM I was having a hard time falling into deep sleep because of all the caffeine even though I was dead tired so by 12:30 PM, I just got up for good because there was little use in me trying to sleep when I knew I really couldn't. So I got up and immediately took my supplements and drank a protein shake. I also knew I had to go run because it was Day 3 of Week 1 of my Couch to 5K program and I didn't want to push it off to Sunday. So I go to the park to run around 2:30 or so and I tell you, it was my most enjoyable run so far. I didn't have any pain, I wasn't overly tired -- I worked up a sweat, but wasn't exhausted. I felt really good and I actually felt like I could take it up a notch, which I will as week 2 does exactly that. Instead of alternating 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking, it changes to 90 seconds of running/2 mins of rest. I will start that on Monday.

Anyway, so after the park, I go to the grocery store to pick up a few things and I'm home around 4:00 PM and I literally just veg on my couch for an hour because by 5:00 PM, I have to get up and go get ready for a birthday dinner at 7:00. Around 6:30 PM, the caffeine has absolutely worn off and I am exhausted, so exhausted, in fact, I'm not even positive I will be making to the dinner, but I go shower and dress up and make my way over there and once I see what's for dinner, I perk right up! Crabcakes AND Alaskan King Crab legs! Holy Mother! I was in heaven! There was also roasted potatoes (skipped) and sautéed green beans (yum), but I didn't waste space on that stuff, I was all about the crab! Absolutely divine, I gotta tell ya. Yum, yum, yum. Instead of birthday cake, we had creme brulee which I had a bite of, but I am not much of a fan. We wrapped up around 10:15 PM as some folks were headed out and all I could think of was my nice warm bed. By the time I got home, it was 10:45 and I was unconscious by 11:00 PM and woke up this morning around 9 AM.

So that has been my weekend so far. All I feel like doing today is ... nothing. I kinda feel like I want to go back to bed, but I'm not, I don't want to screw up my normal schedule. There are a couple of things I gotta do for work and I have to go get a prescription refilled, but that's about it. I may go ahead and rearrange my home office like I'd been contemplating. I have bought a new table to situate perpendicular with my current table so that I can now have an L-shaped desk which works better with my computer screens and gives me more desk space.

Anyway, I weighed in this morning at 269.8 lbs. Ugh. I know why, I haven't had a big poop since Friday morning, even my run yesterday didn't help much and there's no way I'm reducing the amount of calcium or iron I take, so I guess it's more water and possibly stool softeners for me. Bummer.

There are a couple of football games today, so I think I will head out, go run my 2 or 3 errands and maybe sneak in some work before I retire to the couch. My Cowboys play today so they better not disappoint, I'm hoping they make it to the Super Bowl so that I can throw a party!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YeaH!!!

You are doing tennis! Hot dog! You will have to come out and play with me some. I am so proud of you on the couch to 10k. You know you can repeat a week if it ramps up too fast right?

Don't let your parents get you down. They don't understand the new you. You are in control and in charge. They will be fine with it later.

Way to go!!!!

January 13, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home